The Joint Committee on Surgical Training (JCST) has today (Friday 7th August 2020) published the attached document on COVID-19 and Trainee Progression in 2020.
The paper contains information on:
1. Resuming surgical training
2. Training in the independent sector
3. ARCP management and Outcome 10
4. FRCS and MRCS examinations
5. New surgical curricula – August 2021 implementation, transition arrangements and the MCR
6. National Selection and Person Specifications for 2021
7. GMC’s National Training Survey
The JCST is an advisory body to the four Surgical Royal Colleges of the UK and Ireland. It works closely with the Statutory Education Bodies (SEBs), the General Medical Council (GMC), the Confederation of Postgraduate Schools of Surgery (CoPSS), and Trainee and Specialty Associations.
Please note this is primarily a UK-based document.