The NHS Blood and Transplant Strategic Plan for 2014 and beyond is now available to view. The focus for the coming years is to:
- Deliver a modern world-class blood service that is responsive and attractive to donors
- Care for donors in all areas of our operations
- Better integrate the donor to patient blood supply chain – providing a better service to hospitals at the lowest cost
- Set out a detailed action plan in support of the new strategy – Taking Organ Transplantation to 2020
- Build on our unique skills and capabilities across tissues, stem cells, diagnostics and aphaeresis services
- Developing and delivering an innovative research and development programme.
The Plan can be viewed on the Blood and Transplant website.